Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Incomparable Ma

The most beautiful person in this whole wide world… I owe everything of mine to her. I am everything that I am only, only and ONLY coz of HER. The way I look, the way I speak, the way I conduct myself, the way I dance… Everything… Only and Only because of her. I don’t really know what I would do if it weren’t for her. Even when I was just a throbbing dot on her tummy, she used to care for me more than she did for herself. She wanted me to be a girl, and as luck would have it, I was just what she wanted and needed.

I often contemplate my childhood and realize all the things that you have given me the Sacrifice, the undying devotion, the unconditional love and tears, her heart, her mind, her energy and her soul.

All the Years that she spent on me, she loved me with a never-failing love, she gave me strength to face the odds and most importantly sweet security. She used to sit up late and watch a whole lot of movies and dance videos as she had told that babies are extremely vigilant of their surroundings and she wanted me to have a keen interest in dance and related art forms. She carried me to her college in her tummy. My first experience of Education was sitting with her in the Bachelors of Architecture classes which I guess triggered my ambition of getting into design. When I was a little girl, my mother said I never liked to leave her side. Whenever she tried to leave, I held on to her leg and would not let go. When she got pregnant with my sister, I was so offended by the attention she showered on my unborn sister, that in a fit of rage I actually bit my mum on her tummy, as mark of protest. Even then she didn’t lose her cool with me… My mum! :)

As the years go by, I see myself following my mother’s footsteps with what she did in life. From the interests and activities she did, to what she pursued as a career, I am going to be JUST like her. My Best friend, my best critic, my firm advisor, my much loved teacher, my forever willing provider, comforter, listener, staunch disciplinarian, and caregiver. If it weren’t for her, I would never have found my first love, Dancing. Or Second love, Designing. A strong, beautiful, talented, generous and helpful person, that’s who my mum is. She loves to spoil me, fulfilling almost all of my silliest whims and fancies, except my nose pin n tattoo demand!!! She is quite a personality, my mum… A typical LEO; prides in herself and her abilities and always stands tall no matter what. She gets angry with a snap of her finger (I get that from her), but she cools down just as fast as well (I didn’t get THAT, though :P). An excellent cook, my mum, had tried her level best to feed me meat, When I bombarded her with my NO Non-veg motion, she put up a strong resistance, but eventually she gave in and saw the good in it as well. A completely emotional person that she is, she can sentimental just hearing about someone or something far far away. She is soo awesome I can go on and on… :) She is the BEST and the best part is she KNOWS it to….  I LOVE YOU!! :)

No comments: